Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Friday, November 6, 2009

What a awsome God we serve


My dh's business is going so good. While many around us are struggling with no jobs, are hours that are less dh's business seems to be flourishing and we do not praise anyone but God for that. He is blessing us in so many ways. Just a couple of years ago we were leaving paycheck to paycheck and sometimes it was not even enough, it was a scary time . I will admit during that time neither of us were close to the Lord like we should of been. But He helped us through it, I totally believe that. And He is blessing dh for listening to him about starting his own business and for trusting in Him. We are starting the Dave Ramsey baby steps and hope to be debt free in a couple of years. What a wonderful thing that will be. We are saddened that so many people are struggling right now and that times are so tough for our nation right now but I think things will continue to be tough as long as our nation tries to rely on itself or the government. When we turn back to Christ, what the country was founded on then we will truly see things change. Until then it will be the same ole , same ole or worse. I do believe it may not be long until our Lord comes back for his bride, are you ready???? Even if it is not in our lifetime shouldn't we live like it ? Because it could happen today, tommorrow, any time. I want to be ready! When I stand there on judgement day I would like to think I did what the Lord called me to do. I have sinned terribly in my life and will continue to sin but I am striving to be a better Christian, a better everything. A better mommy , a better wife, a better sister, daughter, friend, etc.... After all when we pass will we really give a account of how clean our house was or if our children knew all 50 states? Don't get me wrong I am a neat freak and I want to teach my children as much as possible but I am understanding and learning daily what is most important. I am learning I need to stop and smell the roses . To watch my children playing. Stop and look at the beauty God has created. Stop and hear the children's laughter. Stop and kiss my husband. After all in the end what is important.

********Wow when I sat down to write this post I did not intend to go so deep. NOt sure why I did. Just started typing. Maybe it was meant for someone today. Have a blessed day. And don't forget to stop. Enjoy what God has blessed you with. Even if you are going through a rotten time we always have something to be thankful for.

No comments: