Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Teaching Our Kids What's Important

  While I know this is a touchy subject I think it is one that should be addressed. While looking around me I see all kinds of sad things. I see kids not knowing what is important. How did they get this way?Well, it is from the greed they see around them.                                                                                      
  I don't know why people question why evil is in the world because we are not teaching what is important. We are not teaching first and foremost God should be the central part of our lives. That He is the beginning and the end. He is the reason we are here, the reason we have what we have, the reason for everything. This year I watched some videos of black Friday or whatever it was this year since it started on Thursday the day we should be thanking the Lord for what we have but instead many were out killing each other for more junk. Don't get me wrong I love junk but I love God so much more. It was so sad some of the videos I saw. We do not value human life anymore but why should we . Daily we go about killing babies without a second thought and justify it by saying oh it isn't really a human yet.
  Why should our children value anything. Parents are killing themselves trying to buy the next video game or now the next best cell phone for their kids. I am guilty of buying too much for my kid and letting them play a video game too long some times but by no means do we have the newest video system.  And when those attitudes creep in you better bet no more game time. Our children know how to play with each other. Yes, they have their arguments and yes like any parent I try to teach them we are to love our brothers and sisters. That is what we should be teaching the whole world, we should love each other. In the end that is what is important! Love God, loving others, and then ourselves!
   God has done such a work in me that a blog post could not hold all the love and thankfulness I have for him. He has brought me from the pits of despair to a joyful and blessed place. I am thankful daily for His goodness and want to teach my kids what is truly important. This season is especially a great time for that. While my children will get present it will not be many. While we will go to family gathers we will still try to remind our children why we are doing this. And that reason is many years ago a baby was born and he was born so he could die. So he could stand in place for our sins. So we could have eternal life. Now , THAT is what is most important!

No comments: