Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Raising a Healthier Family

The past few years I have really poured a lot of time, energy ,research ,etc. into learning how to have a healthier family. Since having a health issue myself over a year ago I have been researching even more because I do not want to fail my family. As I strive to be a Proverbs 31 lady ( something I will never measure up to but strive to be) I see more and more how our families health plays a part in that as well. For the past few years around this time of year we have always gotten a horrible stomach bug and with 10 kids it takes forever to get over it!!!! We have missed so much because of it, several family get togethers and just not feeling well during the holidays!!!
     Well skip ahead to this year! We have felt so much better and the kids have been the healthiest they have ever been!! While they HAVE gotten sick or a virus has tried to creep in I have been able to knock it out. I was asked to go to an essential oils class by a trusted friend and while I was like been there done that I went. I have used essential oils before but without much success. I learned a lot in those classes though and decided to try them. I learned that Young Living essential oils were not to be compared with the cheaper oils and even any other oil for that matter. So I became a distributor. When I got my kit and diffuser I was a bit overwhelmed but once I started using them and using my desk reference I was more comfortable. We are slowly changing the way we eat  and trying to stay away from chemicals. I firmly believe that the tons of chemicals around us are a big part of what is making us sick. I think since starting on this journey someone in this house has used an essential oil every day. We have knocked out the tummy flu, colds, a really bad yeast infection, headaches , muscle pains, used it for stress reduction, and SO MUCH MORE!!! I am thankful to the Lord for leaving us these precious gifts to take care of our family with.
           While I do realize sometimes we do have to go to doctors. I just went and saw a endocrinologist for my thyroid/hormone imbalance but we will be taking a more natural approach to healing whatever needs to be healed with me. Also wanted to mention I had a knot in my neck and started rubbing Frankincense on it and by the time I went to the endo it is gone!!!! When I mentioned it to her she said that when our thyroid is off that around it can become inflamed and cause all sorts of issue, she said Frankincense was a good choice. :) So , as you can see the oils have so many uses and really we have only used them for a short time compared with many and we already have tons of stories to share. Young Living essential oils is over 20 years old.
        I am so happy that we are on the road to a healthier family and I am thanking the Lord for the knowledge he is blessing me with. I am excited to learn more and am thankful he left things here on earth to make this possible. If you would like more information email me at tbllrd@gmail.com or leave a message on this post with your email. Have a very blessed and healthy day!

No comments: