Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Ladies - Your Ministry is at HOME!

    Society wants women to believe they have to have a "career", dress the best, look the best, juggle it all and still have something left of themselves to give to their spouse and children. This is a LIE the devil wants women to believe. As wives and mothers first and foremost our ministry is AT HOME. Sometimes even I get stuck in the rut of saying," Lord, I wished I could reach others and spread the gospel." What can I do? I am a SAHM and have several little ones I am not reaching anyone. BUT- what I forget is my ministry IS a home. My ministry is to raise these children up for His glory and honor. To raise them up the way they should go. Many times we forget that. Being a wife and mother IS enough and IS the most important ministry we have. If we fail our children and do not keep the relationship with their father strong we are failing everyone.  This is something that has been weighing heavy on my heart lately.
        Last night was one of the best nights I have had in awhile!!! Did I go on a trip? NO! Did I receive some big present? NO! Did I have money fall in my lap? NO!!! What happened? Well, my older kids watched the younger ones for just a while and my husband and I ate our supper in our room. We talked and laughed and just spent time together. THEN, later on little ones one by one snuck in there with us. Later on we had several kids in there including our 16 yr old boys and we talked and watched some tv program together. IT was so nice. I know the Lord allowed me to have that because I have been really stressed lately and even the baby was so good last night.
        I see no problem in having fun with your friends, going shopping, and even doing some things for yourself BUT your ministry first and foremost is AT HOME. And that should come first. WE only get one shot at raising these children up. We only get one shot of reaching them when they are small and being there when they need to talk. Just be there and put your husband first and do not forget he needs your attention as well. If mama and daddy's relationship is strong and steady the family will fall into place. God bless you all and hope you are having a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.

No comments: