Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Friday, November 15, 2013

IS Trim Healthy Mama for Everybody?

        I just want all you to know first that I was almost done with this post and this crazy laptop I have just deleted it all!!!! I feel it is so important I am going to type it all out again. :( The answer to the above question is Trim Healthy Mama for everybody is yes AND no. I am writing this post because a lady who many came to Trim Healthy Mama because of decided she did not like it anymore, that it was not working for her. First I want to say that we should all pray for her and not feel any resentment towards her because she is dealing with a eating disorder as she has stated. But I think she wrongly misrepresented Trim Healthy Mama on her blog. I have thought about this since yesterday and knew I wanted to blog about this but also wanted to be sensitive to her. I ALSO wanted to stand up for the ministry of this book. I do feel it is a ministry. If you are a woman who has suffered with weight issues you know how lonely and sad it can be. I have been struggling for several years. I know now it was mostly due to thyroid issues but no matter what I did I just could not lose weight. After my 2 yr old was born no weight would come off after having him! IT was a lonely , sad place. I know my husband loves me no matter what but you want to feel pretty in front of your husband. Anyway, after having my last baby 3 months ago I researched and saw so many talking about Trim Healthy Mama so I bought the book and read it. I really liked how it incorporated the Bible into everything and even talked about issues women may have. Even had recipes and so forth. I started it no long after my baby was born. I am so thankful to the Lord for bringing this book to my attention. It has changed my life!!!! I have lost around 40 pounds since my son was born 3 months ago and have so much more energy. This in turn has allowed me to play with kids , I even jumped on the trampoline with them last week. :) God I believe has used these women to help many others including men. I am so very thankful for that.
          As to the question and why I answered it the way I did. IS Trim Healthy Mama for everyone. Short answer is YES. Why? Because I believe it CAN work for everyone , it just may need some tweaking for some depending on what you are doing it for. Why I also answered NO is because some people take everything they do too far. This is a lifestyle change not a diet. You do not have to count calories and such like was stated in the blog post. Yes, at first it is good to know what makes things a S and what makes things a E, etc.. but to be quite honest I have hardly paid attention to that. I am a mother to 10 and really just do not have the time. I do not sit and think about food all the time like was also stated but I do pay more attention to what I eat which is surely not a bad thing. Anyone can make anything into something it is not . This lifestyle change might not be for you if you don't want to think about what you eat but that is what is wrong with America now. WE just eat harmful , toxic foods just because it taste good but at what cost. I for one am eating things that taste really good and know what I am putting into my body. I am eating things I said I would never eat.
      So I just want to thank Serene and Pearl for taking the time out of their life to help others struggling. I also want to ask that we be respectful of each other and always be truthful with what we say about things. Also don't be mad at Stacy but just pray for her and her family. God bless you all and above all thank God for us getting healthier!
          

No comments: