Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Saturday, September 8, 2012

FIVE ages 5 and under

Yes, that is right we have nine children but 5 that are 5 and under. While most people say to us every time we go to town I wouldn't want that many kids, I would die if I had that many , and on and on I feel VERY BLESSED. We just celebrated our youngest 2 daughters birthdays this afternoon with family. I am so thankful for these two little girls. See the Lord had different plans than we did and I am so glad He did. AFter having our 5th child my husband was going to (as society calls it) get fixed. We had decided 5 children was enough for us but boy did God sure work in us that year. That is the year things changed for us, especially how we view children. Children are a true gift from God! Plain and simple. If God had not changed our hearts and minds then we would not have our last 4 children and we would not have experienced knowing some of the sweetest,funniest, most wonderfulest little people. Yes , there are days that having so many little ones is trying and some days I am so exhausted I can hardly function but in those times is when I rely on God for strength. People misunderstand us when we say we are not done having children, we really just leave everything to the Lord in our lives. In doing that we have reaped so many rewards but also recently have faced the heartache of 2 miscarriages (due to my thyroid problems). While leaving it to the Lord for our children means we may have many children , it also means we may face many losses of children as well. But as christians we can find peace in knowing we will see those children in heaven and what a glorious day that will be. 2012 will be the first year in 5 years years we have not had a baby and while that is kind of sad it has also been a year that I have learned so much from the Lord. Where I have really been able to focus on what kind of mother and wife I want to be and what kind of wife and mother God wants me to be. Having 5 that are 5 and under is not what many may think it is- it is fun!! And that teach me something EVERYDAY!!!!!! I am so thankful for my husband who loves our children dearly. He sacrifices so much so his children can be healthy and happy. He has spent countless hours talking with our older sons and training them. We have recently in the last few years stepped into a season that is quite difficult and trying-have little ones AND teenagers. Sometimes trying to balance both is trying. Those are the times we have to really pray!!!!!! In short what I am trying to say is when you see a mother in the store with several little ones why don't you smile at her. Instead of negative comments try encouraging ones. And keep in mind what you say to her little ears hear.I hate for my lttle ones to hear people talking about how awful it must be to have them. I am very thankful for each of my children!!!!!!!!!!! God is so good and I am so glad he chose me to be the mother of the 9 blessings I have and for the ones that have gone to be with Him. NO matter how short I have had each of my children they ARE a blessing and a gift. I hope that maybe 2013 will hold a new blessing for our family but I am sure if it doesn't that the Lord has some blessing planned for our family. I am completely stressed somedays but completely blessed as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: