Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Loving our Husbands-continued

Okay hopefully I am finally able to continue my post. I didn't have much more to say but wanted to say most importantly loving your husband means praying for him. Praying for him when you feel like it and when you don't. Praying for him everyday. If your husband cannot count on your to pray for him then who can he count on? Loving your husband also means not only saying I love you but showing it(something I fall short of daily). And this is a big pet peeve for me, loving your husband also means that you will not bash him in front of other people ,especially your "friends". This is one thing that really get under my skin. There is a difference between asking a sister in Christ to pray for things that may be going on you and your husband lives but it is another thing to rant and rave about all his short comings. YOu picked him, God gave him to you! Loving your beloved also sometimes means biting our tongues(something I also need to work on). And also means softly,sweetly, and humbly pointing out things that may be a stepping stone in his Christian walk. I am in no way saying that I am able to do these things and surely am not able to be the wife I need to be without prayer but I do strive to be a good wife, not sure a wife. Society gets it wrong because they believe when we marry we both need to give 50/50 but that is NOT TRUE we need to give 100%- Even when we do not feel like it!!!~~~ WE also need to realize and this is one of the few things I would want to tell women, especially one just getting married. Women and men are different!!!!!!! We are not wired the same and so do not expect your husband to always know what you are thinking and remember he is not perfect- there is only ONE that was perfect and His name was Jesus. So forgiveness is one important thing in loving our husbands as well. As with most of my post I need to finish up because I have one crying and needing me! I really hope I can encourage women to love their families and encourage them that it is IMPORTANT- your work as a wife and mother is the most important thing you can do in your life!!

No comments: