Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Monday, April 30, 2012

How Your Attitude Sets the Mood

I have heard many people say and I have read this over and over again that the wife/mother sets the mood for the house. After today I see that it is totally right!! My day started off a little slow because baby wanted to nurse all night. I had promised myself I would start the week fresh with having my personal bible time. I got up later than I wanted to but did get my bible time in. I CHOSE to go ahead and get up and do it even though I really did not want to. That is the thing we can CHOOSE to be in a rotten cranky mood or we can CHOOSE to be joyful no matter how we feel. AFter bible time things were going pretty good and I was in a joyful mood, easy when things are going well. Even though I had extra laundry to do because someone had a tummy upset last night and I had one that was also under the weather. I had praise music on and was joyful , things were getting done, FINALLY had gotten the baby down! Things were going well. Easy to be happy,joyful, and just plain nice when things are going right, when the kids are behaving, when there is no stress. BUT then it happened, they came into the living room being loud and woke the baby. So.... what did I choose???? I CHOSE to fuss at them. What broke my heart is the reason they had came into the living room in the first place and if I had not been so busy doing laundry I would of known what they were doing. They were trying to tell me thank you for letting them have Nutella sandwhiches for lunch. Oh how my mama hard was so sad that I was so not nice to them. I scooped the baby up and went into the kitchen to talk with them and that is when the light bulb really went off in my head- we choose the attitude in our home. WE REALLY DO!! As mothers/wives we choose the mood. The little faces that were once smiling so big were now so downtrodden :( I made sure the rest of the day I CHOOSE no matter how I have felt to be NICE. Just plain and simple- NICE. My motto is Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me and I CAN be joyful no matter the circumstance. Even when there is no end the laundry and the mess. Even when the 1 yr old is screaming AGAIN. Even when the 6 month old is wanting to nurse AGAIN. So if you are a wife/mother just remember we do set the mood. My husband has had alot of work lately and therefore leaves me shorthanded because he needs my two young men but that does not mean I cannot CHOOSE what is right. I could sit and pout and I will admit I have wanted to sometimes but if I did that I would still my own joy. IT is a joy to take care of my house. It is the greatest job GOD gave me. My husband called before he came home today, I knew he had been working alot lately and therefore is very exhausted so I made sure to have some business stuff done for him so he would not have to do it. Did it inconvience me? well, lets see we were trying to finish up supper( even though it was only a simple supper),baby was wanting to nurse so he could nap, and i had to find the invoice I was looking for all while keeping baby calm, etc... Would I do it again? Of course! Especially for the wonderful man who works so hard for his family and gives us all we need and many things we want. So my point is we can CHOOSE the mood in our home and when we do our whole family will benefit from it, and YOU will benefit from it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen to that! Great posting!