Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Loving our children and most importantly our husbands

No, I do not mean the passing " I love you" as we pass each other. Or the quick I love you while putting our children in the bed for the day. I mean the real true godly kind of love. The love that only comes if our hearts are set on higher things. I was talking with my oldest daugher today who is 13 and telling her that in the society many buy into the lie that if everything is fine in your life and everything is going well then we are loved by God. But that is not always true sometimes God loves us soooooooooo much that he allows trials in our lives to rebuke us. Just as we do our own children. IF we love our children, we will train them up in the Lord and we will rebuke them when they do wrong. No, it is not fun and yes it is tiresome but that is one of the things I mean when I say really loving your child. Taking the time to listen to them ,to really train them, to really teach them how to do things instead of doing them yourself. It also goes for your husband. To love your husband may sometime mean talking to him in a kind tone even when you do not feel like it, or being intimate with him when you are exhuasted. Being a good loving spouse and mother may mean putting your husband first so your children can see how much their father means to you. I know this is something I still need some work on. Loving means putting ourselves LAST. Yes, i said last. Society today teaches us that we should put ourselves first and if we take care of ourself then we can take care of others but that is all wrong. Yes, I do agree we need to take time for ourselves that is not what I am saying but not at the expense of our family. This all does not come easy for me sometimes especially when I have not gotten much sleep and just want a moment for myself. LIke today I had to die to myself. My little ones were promised if they took a good nap we would go outside and blow the new color bubbles they got. Just when I had gotten everything done in the house and was sitting down to read a homeschooling magazine I really wanted to read of course they woke up. I had to say to myself what is more important and what would make more of impact of my children. Some may say the homeschooling magazine but that precious time I had with my children was so sweet and after blowing bubbles we looked at flowers in our yard and watered our herb garden. Again I had to control myself because while letting them help me water my 3 year old got me wet and it was COLD but I just laughed instead of yelling. I need to wrap this up because the baby is fussing , there was so much more I wanted to say about how we treat our husband and how we should love them. Maybe I will post more on that later. Just remember the order we should put things- God, husband, children.... Love your family, you will reap huge rewards!!!

No comments: