Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Early valentine's Day present

My sweet husband came home from a job with a dozen roses and some candy. The roses are so pretty and smell so good. I have such a wonderful man!!!
The kids are well again for the most part. So that is good, HOPe it last. Things are going pretty good around here, Hubby's work slowed a bit this week but I think it is going to pick up very soon. Hopefully , anyway! WE got four more hens today and got a rooster yesterday, We already had two hens. Hopefully we will start getting eggs soon, The two hens were laying and then just stopped. WE are looking forward to having some babies chicks as well. The kids love to just watch them.
I am so trying not to get burned out on homeschooling. WE are ticking along and I plan on working with them some in the summer cause we have a new blessing coming in September so we will have to take a break for a bit during that time. My goals this year was for the kids to learn a good many bible verses which they have done wonderful with, be able to put all their states on the map which some are doing good with and some not, know their multiplication by memory which we still are working on with some. Know all their presidents. And a few other things. HOw is everyone else's homeschool going????
Well I need to get off here, wanna read some more blogs then go finish watching about the elections tonight. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Huckabee! WE still have faith !

2 comments:

keithandjennifer said...

I am burned out with homeschool too. But it's funny, the kids are not. We did not do anything today but arts and crafts since it was Valentines day and Kylee asked why we did not "do our work." I think since they are 3,4,5 yo that it is still fun to them. However, my goal is to be through by the beginning of May this year. HOpe I make it.

musicmommy3 said...

I'm on the verge of burnout too. That's partly because we JUST started a Math cirruculum and we're going to have to stay on a strict schedule to get it done by the end of the summer. :) The boys really like it though so that's good. Normally we are a bit loosey goosey because we school year round but the Math needs to get done in a timely fashion. I've never had to do that before because they are ahead of their age on everything else. :)
I'm sure it's just a hump. I'll get over it soon. That's what I keep telling myself anyway.
:):)