Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Monday, December 28, 2015

In Case You Think I Have It All Together

My morning has consisted of trying to get the kids to do their chores. We gave out new chores last night and even had the talk of no playing games until chores/school is done. So, usually when new chores are given out the kids do great for a few weeks but this time didn't even make it a day!!!!
  It is lunch time and so far my no yelling policy is out the door. I've had to tell them several times what to do. The baby won't sleep, the 2 yr old has been screaming about EVERYTHING! The 16 yr old is in a grouchy mood. While trying to do some reading with the struggling reader in the house it was like everyone lost their mind. See where I'm going with this. I do NOT nor have ever had it all together. But ya know what I'm doing the best I can and God loves me. Hey, that's what really matters, right.
   So while I'm writing this blog post everyone is hopefully finishing up their chores. Two yr old is eating lunch so he's FINALLY quite. Quite the word my struggling reader was having trouble with this morning. Mmmm, funny huh. Not so much to me right now. But I KNOW without a shadow of a doubt one day I will miss this. All of it! So, I'll sit here in pure exhaustion and rock this little baby because I know one day there will also be a last baby.
   No mother has it all together. Even though we like to portray we do but that's the beauty of forgiveness. I told my 4 yr old sorry for yelling at him. His response? "I love you, mama". Yes, as mommies we will mess up but our kids will forgive us. :)
  This actually makes me think about how God must feel with His children always throwing tantrums and getting into trouble. Wow, how He must feel!! Dear mamas , I understand how hard it is. But it IS worth it for His glory and honor. Totally worth it!!

No comments: