Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The Highest Calling

 First I want to say I mean no disrespect by this post and realize SOME women have to work . But sadly, our society brainwashes young girls and women and robs many of the highest calling there is. That is the calling of motherhood! Many people ask me so did you plan on having 10 children. Well, of course not!!! But I did not plan a lot of things that have happened in my life. God's ways are better and if we go out on our fleshly desires we miss SO MANY BLESSINGS.

  There is a calling that pays little. And the hours, well.... it is pretty much a job that is 24-7. The days are long and the nights sometimes even longer. You are on call everyday , all day. And you do not get overtime pay. The job requires you constantly teach and correct and also have to clean up some huge messes and sometimes that means some not so nice smelling messes. If this was a job I was reading about I would say NO WAY! I would run the other way. But... I have been called to this job!!! It IS what I was put here for. It IS what God has called me to do. The job also has huge rewards! But the biggest reward that is many times overlooked is preparing souls for God's glory. Do you mother of all those little ones realize what impact you are having on future generations? WOW!! That is a mighty job and a high calling. I have no higher joy than when I hear my kids quote bible scripture and hear them send praise hymns. My heart soars when my littles tell me of how they love the Lord and want to serve him.

   Motherhood is the greatest vocation there is. It is who God divinely created us to be. Do not be lured away by humanistic voices around you, including in the church. The church has failed women , where they should be supporting them in their role. Big families a lot of times are looked down upon even in churches as if they are being irresponsible. Trust me, we have heard comments before. But... the church is suppose to be there to lift one another up. So sweet young women, please listen to the Bible. Listen to your heart. No one else will ever take care of and love your children like you can.

   Satan detest mothers!! They stand in his way. He wants their children out of the home, in day cares, public school, and so forth. The public school is becoming more and more foreign to things that are biblical and Satan is eating it up. Deut. 11:19 -And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.


 This job is not meant to be done alone , nor is it intended to be. A strong, godly father is very important to the family as well . But mother, you are what keeps the family ticking. It is your job and what a important job it is. When times are hard call on the Lord. He will sustain you. My go to verse a lot of times is 2 Cor. 12:9 . You will hear me quote this verse ALOT in my post.(It was a huge encouragement to me when I went through several miscarriages) Stand on the promises of God to make it through and remember motherhood is the highest calling you could ask for.

No comments: