Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Friday, January 3, 2014

My goals for the new year!

 I am not really making any resolutions per say just goals of the things I want to accomplish as well as my family to accomplish. I have just a few.

1- To simplify: Being content with what we have and not striving to have more. Using what we have and not always looking to the next thing we can get. Getting rid of things just taking up space and serving no purpose. Sometimes this stuff can fill up our homes but make us so empty inside and sometimes even still our joy. So hoping to just simplify.

2-To be more joyful: To show more joy to my kids, my husband, family, friends , and even just the person driving down the road. God has blessed me so much and I am so undeserving the least I can do is show gratitude and be joyful in all things.

3-To be consistent with my kids- I want to work on them being more respectful, obeying right away(delayed obeying is disobedience) , and just being more loving toward each other. Through my thyroid issues, not feeling well, bringing another blessings in the family,etc. I have let some things go. Want to get back on track even though at the beginning it is so hard. Spent a lot of time today doing a lot of talking to the same kind for instance.

4-To put God first and foremost in my life. For His love to shine through me and to just live for Him. To do His will no matter how hard it might be. To trust in Him and lean fully on Him and not on my understanding.

5-To put my husband first after God. To make sure he has everything he needs. To make sure I am being the wife I need to be and that he knows he is loved. I am very thankful for my hardworking man. He puts his family first and strives to have our children taught the truth . For THAT I am so very thankful.

6-To get back to doing devotional time and reading books for encouragement.

There ya have it. Pretty simple stuff but in the long run VERY important things. So what are your goals for the New Year?

No comments: