Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Sunday, September 8, 2013

What I have learned so far from Trim Healthy Mama

         First I am sure many people have already heard about this but if you have not this not some diet fad , it is a lifestyle change. I have always been self conscience of my weight. It has always been a issue for me. And after having 10 kids it is a little worn out (plus I haven't been very good to it). If you have not read the book it is worth the money it cost plus more and although it is a BIG book it has much more info than just learning how to eat but actually being healthy. I have learned that God does not intend for us to avoid most foods and the foods I do avoid have been processed and turned into something God did not design it to be. A part of the book discusses how God gave us food for fuel. I am looking at food so much more different than I used to. I actually do not fear it but actually enjoy it., Yeah, sometimes my other family members might be eating something I am trying to stay away from and I might really want it but there is always something else yummy I can eat in its place.
       Since having my 10th child 7 weeks ago I have lost 21 pounds. I have never been able to lose that much. I have not been hungry and have not felt like I am being punished like other "diets" I have been on. I have much more I want to lose but the most important thing FOR ME for even starting Trim Healthy Mama is I want to be healthy. Something I have not been in a long time. I was having thyroid issues, progesterone issues, and probably adrenal issues without even knowing it. I am not sure how long it had been going on but I only know when it got really bad. Before getting pregnant with Jase this time I went through a really rough time and one of the saddest in my life. I started feeling really bad and having chest pains. I experienced 3 miscarriages. It was all due to all the issues I listed above. This whole process has also taught me sometimes you have to take your own health in your hands. You cannot rely on doctors or anyone else. After having our last child I felt bad again and had my thyroid checked my levels were low and my thyroid seemed to be swollen. I was just telling my husband today my thyroid actually feels normal and I am feeling better. I do get tired but I am a wife and a mother to 10 kids(one being 7 weeks old). I am actually walking and trying to exercise . On that note let me talk about that for a minute.
          Being on Trim Healthy Mama has also giving me energy I have not had in awhile. I can actually be a wife, a mother, and still get in some exercise. One thing I have learned it you do not have to go to a gym, have a person trainer, do exercises in front of your t.v. While all those things might be well and good for some people , for a mother to 10 kids I do not have that time. But I can take my kids and go for a nice walk. I can spend time with my kids while actually doing my health good.
        I am so thankful to God for giving the two ladies who wrote this book the knowledge he has and that they have shared it with other women. I am writing this post to hopefully be of some encouragement to some other mother, young lady, or anyone who might be going through health issues or weight issues. While eating this way I have lost weight but I feel so much better as well. Yes, I am still healing from having a baby but I feel so much better than I have with my past ones health wise. I am still having a few issues of lower back pain, pelvic pain, etc.. but that is from my birth. I am hoping when I get my thyroid checked in a month or so it will be good. I am on meds for that but hope to get them lowered and changed to non synthetic ones soon.
     I hope to continue to post more about Trim Healthy Mama soon . Right now duty calls. :)

No comments: