Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Who are we trying to please? Man or God?

Galatians 1:10 - Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.


    I read this verse in my bible study this morning and it really stood out to me. I think that is a lot of the problems our country has now. We try to please each other , do not want to step on any toes, hurt any ones feelings, be different, etc.... Don't get me wrong, we should be loving and kind to one another but we also have got to start standing up for what is just and right. Deciding to give our lives over fully to the Lord was not easy for Billy and I . It meant we had to let go of some friendships and ultimately just pray for those people to find the Lord. It meant not always living in comfort, it meant getting comments made to us about the number of children we had, it meant giving EVERYTHING over to the Lord. While this was not easy the Lord has always provided what we have needed and many of the things we have wanted. WE realize many look at our family with displeasure and that is where this verse really comes in, we are not here to win the approval of man. I want to please my Father in heaven. Just like a young girl dances and sways and calls out to her earthly daddy for his approval on how pretty, how well she is doing something, or how much he loves her we too should also be seeking that approval from our heavenly Father. We were not placed on this earth to make men happy but for the pleasure of the Lord. I really think if we as a society of Christians stood up and started making the Lord the focus of our lives things would change. I am not saying that pleasing the Lord will always make life easy , if that is what I was saying I would not be telling you the truth. People die daily for being a servant of Christ. But I will tell you is that your life will be transformed , you will be changed , and you will see things you have never noticed before. I am so thankful I am saved, a daughter of the Most High, and that while sometimes hard giving of my whole life to the Lord I have experienced such blessings!!! Just meditate on that verse for today and see how it changes your perspective on things going on in the world and how you view things. And maybe also how you are living your life.

 
   ****** Just a quick baby update. I am almost 37 weeks so could be anytime now our sweet baby boy makes his entrance into the world. Please pray for safety and health for both him and I. God bless you and have a Christ filled day.

No comments: