Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

To the Mom with Lots of Littles in the House

I have been asked a lot what the best advice I could give a mom with lots of little ones. Well the first would be that God will supply your needs. Yes, it gets hard. And when you just almost whereyou can't make it anymore God will give you exactly what you need. Trust me on this!!!! It played out just yesterday for me. While this advice is for others I have to remind myself weekly not in my own strength only with the help of the Lord!!!! God gave you these little ones and he will give you the tools to make it through. And remember what is important!
I think the next advice would be do not feel bad about taking help and get your rest. I am not saying you have to take a nap everyday because I have NEVER been able to do that, too much to do. But I had a hard time for a long time taking any help that was offered. This for me is still a work in progress and yes many women do not have others to help but IF you do trust me take them up on their offer. They would not be offering if they did not want to help. And I think the biggest reason I am having such thyroid issues is NOT due to having so many children(although it may or may not have contributed to it), it is due to not getting the rest I need. If a grandparent offers to take care of your little ones or maybe just a young lady at your church, whomever it is , if they are trustworthy and you are comfortable with them take that time and let them help. Asking for help is not a sign of weakness either, actually for me it takes more courage to ask for help that it does not to.
Thirdly something else I have struggled with is not always being able to help others as much or get out and really spread the gospel. But one thing is for sure God gave you these children and your ministry right now is to your family. Yes, as time permits by all means help others. But just remember we have seasons in our lives, and our seasons look different as our children get older.
( That bit of advice was given to me by a couple of wise women in my church)
Lastly, just soak it all in because believe it or not one day you will want this back. The dirty diapers, the slamming doors, the little feet running through the house, the handprints on your freshly cleaned window, etc... Children are only little for a brief time. Take the time with them, yes this is for myself as well. Remember to stop in your busy day just to give them a hug or listen to what they are trying to tell you. Everything will wait for you. Just love them!!! Loving them is the best gift you can ever give them after teaching them about the Lord.
Have a blessed day!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: