Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Don't miss the little things

I don't know how many moms are like me but I get so caught in MY TO DO list that I forget to "stop and smell the roses" so to speak. I get so caught up in keeping a clean house, homeschooling, some days just getting by ;) that I forget to stop for a minute. Well today I decided to stop for a minute and WATCH AND ENJOY my kids. And you know what I really miss so much. NO, I won't stop cleaning(mainly because I am a little OCD about a clean house) but I am promising to stop and answer my kids questions, play with them a bit, stop and hug and kiss them to pieces, stop and just watch them. Amazing the sweet things they do for each other. LIke a certain young little boy giving up his most loved blankie so his younger brother would feel secure going to sleep or when this younger brother made his younger sister fall he turned around and helped her up and gave her a big kiss. Trust me I know how busy the day can get but don't forget to "stop and smell the roses" and witness and take in all of God's goodness he has for us. :)

No comments: