Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Monday, February 22, 2010

Homeschooling

I love homeschooling now, at first when I started homeschooling i felt it was just something that just had to be done, NOW it is something that we do all the time. You learn in everything you do. While math,reading,spelling,science,history,etc.. are all important I think every day life is so much more better a learning experience than anything. My kids can clean a whole house, fix a huge breakfast, start a fire in the fireplace, change diapers, calm a fussy baby, etc.. I never could of imagined doing that and I am sure they would not know how if they were still in public school. I am amazed and what they learn. Today we are doing math and then the older ones are mixing up finger paints for the younger ones to paint with. Then the older ones will go back to spelling after a brief period of finger painting with the younger ones. I dunno I am just coming to the realization that homeschool is not what I first thought of it, ever thing in life is a opportunity to learn. I am not so uptight about it now since I understand this!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Thanks for the encouragment! We are just starting the homeschool adventure!