Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Don't forget about your husband!

I hope to change the picture on my blog soon to a more updated one as well as update information.  We just welcomed our 12th child in December while it's been filled with bumps in the road I can say it's been filled with much joy. Anyway, back to what's on my heart.
         Ladies, our most important job as homemakers is to raise our kids well , to be a good keeper at home. But first we need to love our husbands well. I am no expert on this, in fact I fail miserably but this is something big on my heart. All to often we get caught up in the day to day and things get stagnant.  We think he should know we love him. I mean we clean the house, wash his clothes, have his children so shouldn't he know we love him. Well not really.
       First and foremost we should pray daily for our husbands. Times are hard. Especially for men. They are hit at ever turn and it's super hard for Christian men these days. Praying for him is so important. Along with that goes encourage him. Even when you don't feel like it, even when you need encouragement yourself. 
      Show him you love him. Tell him. Write him letters. Be open and honest with him. Give him little gifts.  Remind him he's your number one. Above and beyond just love him and serve him well. For different husbands this will look different. Putting him first will not only boost your marriage but make for a happier family. 
        Are you putting your husband first? Even  when it's hard sometimes? I'd love to hear how you love your husband well. I have vowed to pray daily for mine. 

No comments: