Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Behold, children are a gift of the LORD,

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Finding Joy in the Chaos


This year I really want to focus on being thankful and joyful. I want my children to see me happy more than stressed, happy more than angry, and if they see tears I want them to be tears of joy. Yes, I know being a christian we face trials but some of them we bring on ourselves. My problem is trying to be perfect. I am really trying this year to just LET Go and Let God take the wheel. These past few weeks I have been trying to get organized, we started a new diet, AND have been doing our taxes so it has been a bit crazy . I have to MAKE myself take time to read to my little ones or hold the 2 yr old. Just because she can walk and is pretty independent does not mean she does not want some mommy time. I want to stop and watch my children smile, I want to not only watch them dance around but to dance with them. These years pass by so fast and in these brief years I want to make them count. Not every day is chaotic but every day there is a part of the day that is and I can either decide to let that dictate how I feel that day or just pray and move through it and remember all the blessings God has given us and just find the joy in everything. IF I didn't have the fights to break up then that would mean I didn't have these precious children. IF I didn't have menus to plan or clothes to wash that would mean I would not have my precious family. So for anyone who reads this I also challenge you to find JOY in EVERYTHING. It makes a difference in the way your whole outlook on things are. I have really been working on this and hope by the end of this year I will be the wife and mother that I really want to be.

No comments: