First, yes I am still alive. I have just been so busy that I just have not had time to sit down to blog, much less to think. We have had so much going on including the sudden passing of my MIL. This pregnancy has been a stressful one to say the least but God has sustain me and given me encouragement to just keep on keeping on in various ways.
I am 39.2 weeks pregnant with our 11th child. I have learned so much from being pregnant this many times.
1. Babies will come when they come. God's timing is always perfect(I am telling myself this because I am tired and weary and need to hear it myself). I have mostly always had my babies by now. But this little girl seems to want to hang out and be content inside.
2. EVERY SINGLE PREGNANCY is different. I know people are well meaning but nobody can tell you how YOUR pregnancy is going to be. IF you are like me then you definitely can't go by the textbooks.
3. EVERY pregnancy is a gift. I know when you are big and tired and cannot hardly function it actually feels more like a curse instead of a gift but it is so much of a gift. I could not imagine not being able to feel a baby grow inside of me or feel the baby move and kick. And just know that my body is being used to hopefully raise a human being that will some day make the world a little better place.
4. Having someone you can rely on during your pregnancy (even if it just to whine to ;) ) is an amazing gift from God and very important. And that could person could be your mom, spouse, midwife, friend, sister, whomever God has placed in your life. I am very thankful for the encouragement in mine.
5. Your body changes as you get older so your pregnancies when you are younger will most definitely be different than those of when you get older. Your health changes, hormones change, etc...
6. And I think with each pregnancy I have learned a bit about contentment. Just being content with where you are. It may not be where YOU want to be( I'd love to be on the other side of this holding my precious little girl) but it is where GOD has you. He may be trying to teach you something.
I cannot wait to hold our 11th child. To see what she looks like. She brings so much with her. We have had so much change in our life for about a year or since last summer. Her middle name will be Hope and that is what she brings. Hope for better times and I am so thankful God blessed us with this baby. To the tired and weary mom who is reading this, I understand. I understand the feeling of thinking you cannot go on another day but somehow I always do. God loves you and loves your family even more than you do. You CAN make it. Keep praying, stay in the Word, and just keep on keeping on. :) You are blessed!